Monday 10 June 2013

Ian Wright: T.I - Paper Trail

Born in England in 1953, Ian Wright is a contemporary collage artist who studied at Goldsmith’s College in London (1974–1975). He became assistant to George Hardie (1978–1979) and then shared a studio with designer Neville Brody at The Face magazine (1979–1981 and 1990–1996). In 1981, Ian Wright set up his own studio. For this collage he used loads of ripped of note pad paper and coloured paper from magazines to create this really nice urban style portrait.

The piece is called T.I/ Paper Trail. It was made for a American hip hop artist called T.I and was for his Album called paper trail. I really like this photo here of how it has been put onto a billboard which almost makes it look like an old billboard has been ripped up and that has create the face on T.I on the board.




No comments:

Post a Comment